A Kingdom Full of Fruit, Faith, and Fun – Ryan Casarez, John Zamora, Aaron Viscichini
Sermon Preached on January 26, 2014
Notes & Scriptures
A Kingdom Full of Fruit
– Bear the fruit of change
A Kingdom Full of Faith
– Fools say there is no God
– Our faith must continue to grow
A Kingdom Full of Fun
- Who is the this? The father of lies. The ancient serpent. The epitome of EVIL!
- What does he want to do?
- To steal!
- To kill!
- And, to destroy!
- Your life!
- Your love!
- Your joy!
- Your soul… your spirit!
- We are here to follow GOD!
- What does God want for us?
- To have LIFE, to the FULL!
Some things that fire you up when they are FULL:
- Your refrigerator (If not – Struggling!)
- Your gas tank (If not – Ticked!)
- Your belly (If not – Irritated!)
- Your wallet (If not – Depressed and stressed!)
- Your Facebook friends list (If not – Loser! “Real” friends are Facebook friends! Like a relationship – not official until it’s on Facebook!)
- Needs are met
- Happy and free
- Vibrant and alive
- Worry free and secure
- Awesome, deeply-rooted relationships
- Grumpy and imprisoned by life
- Burdened and stressed
- Few and shallow relationships
- What does it mean to be “blessed”? SUPERLATIVELY HAPPY
- NOTE: It doesn’t mean “God gives you things” (This isn’t prosperity gospel!)
Has nothing to do with:
- Husband or wife with lots of cosmetic surgery
- Money in the bank
- Dream job
- Ivy league education
- Stop seeking what you think makes you happy and SEEK GOD
- Seek God with your WHOLE HEART
- Seek God by TOTAL OBEDIENCE (being righteous, being blameless, knowing the Bible, and following it) (no picking and choosing!)
- Research shows that genetics only has only about a 50% influence on our happiness (only determines our “range”)
- Furthermore – our circumstances only account for 10% (very low!) of our happiness level
- The other 40% of our happiness is determined by INTENTIONAL BEHAVIOR (we make DECISIONS that raise or lower our happiness)
- We can PRACTICE happiness! (Like a sport!)
- If we don’t practice happiness – our ability & capacity to be happy DEGENERATES!
- Over time can lead to diseases like Parkinson’s (intense)
- Supportive group of family and friends and shared responsibility (Acts 2:42-47)
- Deep, unified relationships, with a cooperative lifestyle (John 13:34-35)
- Transcendent belonging and belief system (Acts 17:26-28)
- Security and basic needs provided for (Matthew 6:25-34)
- Surrender (Jeremiah 29:11-14)
- Vision, meaning, and purpose for life (Mark 1:14-18, Matthew 28:18-20)
- Personal growth, hope, and optimism (Romans 5:3-5)
- Love and gratitude (1 Corinthians 13, Colossians 3:15-17)
- Acts of kindness and compassion (Luke 10:25-37)
- Not greedy, or consumed with self-image and status (Philippians 2:1-8)
- Positive reinforcement and encouragement from others (Hebrews 3:12-13)
- Physical activity (1 Timothy 4:8)
- I only know of one place in the world where all of these elements can be found together
- It’s a place that has been written about by different authors in a compilation of books spanning a timeframe of over 3,000 years
- It’s called the “Kingdom of God”
- The people who wrote about it, weren’t seeking Happiness – they were Seeking God
- Are you following God? How do you know?
- Are you happy?
- What makes you happy?
- Is it just temporary? Running from one thing to the next?
- Or, is it real, deep, and substantial?
- Are you running on empty?
- Burdened? Worried?
- Unloving? Ungrateful? Discontent? Greedy?
- Without a purpose, meaning, or direction in life?
- Or, are you secure, kind, joyful, loving, compassionate, and selfless?
The FULL Life only comes from GOD!