Notes & Scriptures
(1) Robbie Craddock: Life and Speech
Set an Example in Your Life
1 Timothy 4:12-16
Paul is giving Timothy the charge (in his late teens and early 20s) to lead a church at such a young age…
– Leader: influence power over people
– The world has a distorted view on what leading as a young person means …
– The world’s lyrics of songs are pushing negative messages to young children
– As a young student, are you setting an example to the students around you or a good example to your employers?
– How are your personal bible studies w God and do others want to imitate your good example?
– We will die for lack of discipline
Set an Example in Your Speech
– Need to set an example in the words that we use
– Speech the truth in love and forgiveness
(2) Aaron Viscichini: Love, Faith, and Purity
Be an Example of Love Like Jesus
– Jesus is the epitome of an example of love
5 things to be an example of:
- Jesus is God focused
- Persevering – never gave up
- Obedient – love transferred into obedience
- Sacrificial – laying down life – self denial
- Bear fruit that will last – loving like Jesus, you share that love with other people and change the world
Be an Example of Faith that Doesn’t Flinch
– Best example of faith that does not flinch
– So faithful to God, they were willing to be thrown into a fire…even if they died, they were adamant to continue our to glorify God
– Confident to follow God even if we aren’t delivered from trials!
– Do you believe that God can deliver you regardless??
– Real faith brings miracles
– Where is your faith at today?
– Stay faithful to God even if he doesn’t deliver us! God blesses that sacrifice!
– Your faith to make a decision to step
Purity Like Potatoes
– How can you stay pure? You seek God with all your heart.
– You put the word of God first in your life!
– The scriptures stay in your heart all the time!
– To go after something with all your heart, it’s your number 1 that you would do anything to find!
– You push past anything that gets in your way!
(3) Cornel Buckner: Diligence, Life and Doctrine
1 Timothy 4:15-16
– The charge given from Paul to Timothy…
– One decision can literally change your entire life…so you must watch your life!
– A man’s life is his message to the world? Do people want to imitate you?
Watch Your Life
– Paul tells the church in Ephesus to have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness
– How many lives have you changed by what you drive or wear?
– When someone wakes you and you’re disgruntled, it’s similar to when somebody isn’t awake spiritually
Watch Your Doctrine
– People are confused about how to be right with God
– Why aren’t we one church? Because we have different doctrine
– I am the Way (not the ways)
– There is only one way
– People think just going to church makes you right with God
– The world today thinks the road is broad.
– The Bible says the road is extremely narrow
– Need to Read the Message
– Essential to have faith … and faith comes from the Word
– Need to have Faith
– Faith must have action or it’s dead
– Imagine your faith without deeds? — A man needs deeds to accompany his faith
– Need to Repent
– Need to know you’re responsible for Jesus’ death on the cross
– The message of the Kingdom coming was to repent! Jesus’ message is to repent!
– Need to be baptized
– Nicodemus was a religious leader and he was confused about the way to salvation!
– When you preach the doctrine of being born again, people don’t understand it!
– Need to Persevere
1 Timothy 4:16
– This was an admonition to persevere..and if your not saved, persevere and get right w God
– You’re not once saved, always saved
– Start getting into Gods word and persevere-so you can save yourself and your hearers!
– How well are you holding each other accountable??