For the Honor of God – Mike Underhill
Sermon Preached on January 5, 2014
Notes & Scriptures
OUR MISSION: TO CRANK OUR BIBLE TALKS
- When God’s Kingdom comes, demons are driven out of the lives of the people who come into the Kingdom
- The demon of impurity
- The demon of apathy
- The demon of lukewarmness
- The demon of minimalism and low commitment
- If you see it, guess who’s responsible? You are.
- Jesus is stealing souls from Satan’s kingdom
- We are spiritual bandits robbing souls from the world
- We are Jesus’ Ocean’s Eleven
- If we are not with Jesus, we are against him
- If we are not gathering souls for Jesus, we are SCATTERING
- We can’t be neutral in sharing our faith
- There is no middle ground for sharing your faith
- Imagine if we all gathered together as a unified group
- We have a church of 50 disciples! Why aren’t we all gathering?
- Who’s in Bible studies? Who’s sharing their faith?
- Our heart must be a church that honors God
- Be focused on GATHERING – this needs to be my mindset – this needs to be my identity
- There’s people everywhere! Gather them!
RULE 1: Your Bible Talk must be fruitful
- Two blind men saying, “Have mercy on us!”
- What did Jesus do?
- These blind guys had to go indoors and find Jesus
- THEY WERE BLIND!
- Because these blind men had faith, they made there way from the outside to the inside and stood before Jesus
- The blind men had the faith to cry out, and seek Jesus, and know that they would be healed
- We must understand: Just because we have the right doctrine, and fruit in the church, does not guarantee you will be fruitful
- According to YOUR faith, it will be done
- The religious world’s faith, has no conviction
- True faith is where you know without a shadow of a doubt that it will happen
- We had Berkeley, with another brother’s household, for SF State women to baptize 10 women
- How many of these prayers were answered? None.
- Why? Our faith was stolen away from us.
- Everyday we battle to keep the conviction and the faith strong beyond a shadow of a doubt
Do you have faith? Do you believe and know that it will happen 100%?
RULE 2: Your faith must be unwavering
- Jesus came to give us a full life
- Satan came to destroy our faith, to steal us from the Kingdom, to blind us and make us miserable
- There is the happy exterior of every person in the world
- Inside is the secrets, the sin, the ugliness that they keep hidden away
- The life of the person in the world has a weak foundation
- Jesus comes to change the pattern of the world
- Jesus comes to complete us and fulfill the lives of the people who seek him
- Jesus comes to lay a foundation that cannot be shaken
- When a disciple is not fired up and full of joy – Satan has a foothold
- The mark of a true disciple: THEY HAVE FUN
- A full life is one that other people want to join and have fellowship in!
- We must have fruit, and we must have faith, which means we WILL have fun!
- Mike’s mission to have the most fun in a year that we can possibly have!
- WE HAVE TO HAVE FUN!
- Be creative and do things TOGETHER!
- The disciples met daily in the fellowship in Acts 2:42-47
RULE 3: Have a blast
- Everyone gathering
- Everyone faithful
- Everyone laughing