Restoration to God – Mike Underhill
Sermon Preached on December 22, 2013
Notes & Scriptures
– Jesus lays it out and says He is here to make ALL things new
– Jesus made death by the cross new — as it had been used so many times before, but not for the same purpose as with Jesus
– Satan’s kingdom has fallen because Satan had everything in his possession guarded
– But someone stronger than Satan came and took all he had…that stronger man is Jesus
– Satan is holding the souls of the people on Earth held captive
– But we can help “rob” the souls back from Satan! All because Jesus has overcome … we can help take souls back!
– When Jesus moves in, you need to clean things up
– But the evil spirit comes back and sees the house cleans and grabs help (7 more evil spirits)
– This is what happens when we fall away from God and our lives become so much more evil and worse!
– We think that when we fall away that our life will be the same as before
– But when we leave God it becomes so much more evil than before!
– We forget this scripture … we need to remember this and be grateful for God and His kingdom
– When you choose to be righteous, God forgets all the evil we have done!
– Ezekiel is written to God’s people (Israel) and the plea for them to come back to Him!
– God just wants us to change and He will forget it all!
– The past doesn’t matter…it only matters where we are at right now!
– God treats us like Jesus (who was the only perfect, sinless man that lived on this Earth.)
– When we are like Jesus, we will see the victories in our lives
– God made a switch … Jesus was put to death in the place of us!
– And Jesus gave them all up willingly
– In the same way, our lives are shown mercy by God
– God says if you want to be restored, you must repent of unfaithfulness towards God and return to Him!
– You have to give your money to God … start giving your contribution!
– Hebrews 4 – the untrusting are defiled!
1 Corinthians 15:9-12
– Grace is getting a gift that we don’t deserve
– And because of that grace, we are saved
– No one can conceive the love that God has for each of us!
– Understanding grace causes us to work hard for God!
– Lack of gratitude causes us to not accept grace in our lives!
– There’s a difference between those who give up and the one that gets back up and fights on.
– Similar to the movie Rocky….he got back up and won the fight.
– Make the decision to always get back up and you will make it to Heaven!