Mike Underhill – The Cross Is More Than Forgiveness
Sermon Preached on October 6, 2013 for the 1st SF Regional Service
Notes & Scriptures
- This is one of the few passages where Christ describes his own heart
Hebrews 10:19-25 NIV
- The curtain referred to the temple of God, and the curtain that was used to block the entrance to the Most Holy Place, the ark of God, His presence.
- The Curtain was also His body. The curtain was a four-inches thick wall separating the people from the assured presence of God.
- Jesus’ blood sprinkles our hearts to cleanse us from a guilty conscience.
- We have to pray for one another, and confess our sins.
- Our sins are like a cancer.
- Repentance is pulling a 180°
- Repentance is hard.
Acts 2:38, Romans 6:1-4
- Baptism is dying with Jesus and being buried with him, then raising to a new life just as he did!
- It’s awesome that Jesus knows the hard work we put in to our walk with Him!