First Principles – Introduction
Lesson Preached by Mike Underhill on September 11, 2013
Notes & Scriptures
Originally, the First Principle Studies were written in 1980, while I served the Lord during the formative early days of the Boston Church of Christ. They were revised in 2003 and 2006 to meet the needs and to confront the challenges of the Portland International Church of Christ. In Los Angeles in 2009 and 2012, I made a few more modifications. As of today, these same First Principles Studies are being taught to all the new disciples of the City of Angels International Christian Church. God has greatly blessed these lessons as they have been translated into over 20 languages around the world. May the Lord continue to “solidify, unify and multiply” sold-out disciples everywhere for the evangelization of all the nations in this generation! And to God be the glory!
August 9, 2012
Purpose of First Principles Class
- Solidify – Hebrews 6:1-3
- Unify – John 13:34-35
- Multiply – Matthew 28:18-20
How to Win People to Christ
- Build a good friendship
- Spend time
- Have discussions
- Find out their background
- Life story ( also share yours)
- Present beliefs about God, Christ and the Bible
- Ask your friend to study the Bible with you.
- Buy a Bible as a gift
- A readable version
- Inscribe a meaningful thought
- If they are an unbeliever about Jesus or if they are unclear about Him then study the book of John
- Purpose (John 20:30-31)
- If they believe in Jesus start with the Seeking God Study
- Have a Christian friend you are discipling in on the study as well.
- Take concise notes for your non-Christian friend, so they can go back and review what has been studied.